Can I enter your home?

The taste has you
screwing up your eyes
trying to figure out
the unique flavour.

The clues are plenty...
Crunchy  with the juice
tickling your taste buds.

Removed from the
back of the vegetable rack,
washed and chopped fine,
I am soaked in buttermilk
to retain my colour

I await the dressing.

Ah! I can hear the crackle of
the seasoning ingredients,
a heady mix of fragrances
zooming towards me.

A touch of mustard and
the ever present green chilli
enhanced by a dash of curry leaves,
stringy bits of mango ginger
and a sprinkling of split lentils
with busy hands tossing in
a spoonful of sprouted green gram
and stirring in some
turmeric powder.

A gentle mixing
sans the buttermilk
and I turn yellow.

While the flavours seep in,
I get the benefit of full treatmrnt
with the required salt and
drops of lemon juice and
I must mention
I do look pretty
with wee bits of
coriander leaves
tucked in here and there.



I land at the table
and stand proud
amid the plates of rice,
simmering stew and dessert.

At the end of the meal
from the sighs of pleasure
I can safely assume
I have moved up
in the cuisine rating scale.

Full marks to the plantain stem salad...
the clanking sound of the spoon  against the empty salad bowl
seems to say.

"Aye aye!"
Echoing the chorus
is a pair of bean shaped organs
nestled deep inside your body.

Intriguing Bytes

Water weeps...

Those few drops

Hear them calling!

My office beckons

Endless chatter

Your very own piece of the forest

One minute reads-9

Nature weaves tales-11

World Environment Day 2018 - A bit of caring

Not just a tree