Chase away the shadows

On a bright sunny morning,
surrounded by the
flame red hibiscus and
pearly white jasmine flowers,
nodding a cheery hello to me,
I am fast asleep.

No amount of coaxing can wake me up.

                   

When dusk slowly creeps in,
draping the field in shadows, 
I  wake up donning an elegant smile
which celebrates my bright magenta hue.

                 

Oh no! My friends, the hibiscus and the 
jasmine have gone all droopy waiting for me.

I toss my head gaily saying... 
it's time to chase away the shadows.

So ends the tale of the  'Evening Primrose' as it flaunts its
dazzling hue beckoning moths fluttering past in the darkness of the night.

Intriguing Bytes

Water weeps...

Those few drops

Hear them calling!

My office beckons

Endless chatter

Your very own piece of the forest

One minute reads-9

Nature weaves tales-11

World Environment Day 2018 - A bit of caring

Not just a tree