A marginalised lot

Turn your gaze this way.

Sad but true!
I belong to a neglected lot
and more often than not
today I'll be there,
tomorrow I won't.

Termed a weed,
I often tend to
hide amongst my
more favoured brethren
holding my breath,

hoping I'm lucky
to escape the clutches
of aggressive hands
bent upon ruthlessly
pulling me out.

Observe where I hide.

A cosy spot, isn't it?
Meanwhile, one of my friends
is  greedily soaking in the
water meant for the coconut palm.

Alas! Some of my family
are gone right before my eyes.

The locals know me
by the name 'Kizhanelli'.

They say my tiny leaves
are pretty useful
to treat jaundice.

I've heard some say...
each and every being,
is important
in their own way.
Ain't this true?






Intriguing Bytes

Water weeps...

Those few drops

Hear them calling!

My office beckons

Endless chatter

Your very own piece of the forest

One minute reads-9

Nature weaves tales-11

World Environment Day 2018 - A bit of caring

Not just a tree