A sense of regret

When I was a large tree,
a tad taller than the nearest building,
people used to walk past,
hardly pausing to cast
admiring looks at my vast canopy,
wide girth or shiny foliage.

The rare few who stopped,
did so only because
they desperately needed a bit of shade.

Now... when I've lost
my 'green' crowning glory
and you find me looking helpless,
lying broken by the roadside,
hordes of people are stopping
to stare at the strange creature
in their midst, wondering,
if I could be a dinosaur or a dragon
while I wallow in silent agony.







Intriguing Bytes

Water weeps...

Those few drops

Hear them calling!

My office beckons

Endless chatter

Your very own piece of the forest

One minute reads-9

Nature weaves tales-11

World Environment Day 2018 - A bit of caring

Not just a tree