Water has a dream

My dear tree friends,
Hello!
Through  the window, I can see you
silently coping with the heat, the dust,
the wind, the fumes, human activities, with those over enthusiastic avians,
the hungry  felines and canines  plus those zooming machines
on wheels with their jarring sounds.

It makes me sad to see this, while
here I am, comfortably placed
inside a hospital, being pampered,
cared for, surrounded by people
who need me... though
I dream often...
of  escaping from
the odours of this environment
once in a while, to travel,
to tumble merrily
over mountains, and valleys,
cascading over cliffs,
meandering over rocks,
snaking a tortuous path over
piles of pebbles and sand,
with my own unique brand of music.
Your loving friend,
Water.

Intriguing Bytes

Water weeps...

Those few drops

Hear them calling!

My office beckons

Endless chatter

Your very own piece of the forest

One minute reads-9

Nature weaves tales-11

World Environment Day 2018 - A bit of caring

Not just a tree